Saturday, June 2, 2012

First stop: Dubai


Well, haven't I just been the world's worst blogger lately? Not sure what's wrong with me. I even have lots of stuff to post! My mother took me on a trip to Mauritius in late March to visit my brother and his family (including my two adorable nieces and a brand-new baby nephew!). We were there for about ten days (it takes about two days to get there). On the way over we stopped over to sleep in Dubai, and we had a few hours in the evening to venture out and about.



The tallest building and dancing fountains turned out to be just a few blocks away. The plaza where the fountains were was teeming with people from all over the world. Dubai is practically paved with money. It's also the cleanest city I've ever been to. We felt very safe as we walked around. The dancing fountains put the Bellagio's to shame. The video doesn't do them justice. The jets of water shoot incredibly high into the air. We watched the fountains during several songs, all in Arabic, and then . . .



MJ is big everywhere.

Tomorrow I'm off to Corvallis to watch Camilla and Baby Huey compete in eventing. It's sort of a mini-event, with all three disciplines in one day. They start off in dressage at 8:30 a.m., so no sleeping in for me. I should have video to post very soon!

No comments: