Friday, November 14, 2008

Living here under this rock

OK, so apparently I've been living under a rock, because yesterday was the first time I ever heard of lolcats, aka Icanhazcheezburger? It's a blog containing pictures of cats with captions. The captions are garbled English/chatspeak. I usually think of cats as highly intelligent and sly, so there's something very funny about the unguardedness of the captions.




Of course, if you've got lolcats, ya gotta have loldogs, too, aka IHasAHotdog! I like cats perfectly fine, but at heart I'm a dog person, so I really enjoy loldogs.





Less obviously, if you have lolcats and loldogs, you also have to have lolwalrus lolrus. This picture is the beginning of the saga:



Now, why does that make me laugh every single time I look at it? And the saga continues:




I think I'm going to have a sad dream about that walrus

Nobody has built a good lolhorses site yet. I did find these two examples that I liked:



3 comments:

dp said...

That's a lolrus, if you don't want people to know that you've been living under a rock.

Anonymous said...

It's the lolrus's tragic eyes that does it for me. Clearly missing bucket.

Have you looked here?
http://community.livejournal.com/lolhorse

Erica said...

This is my favorite one:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/13/jesus-christ-its-a-lion/