Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I embrace my inner 12 year old

August 25-30 a friend and I took the train to Vancouver, BC, to attend a convention for fans of the TV show "Supernatural." Picture a bunch of middle-aged women acting much like those girls in the audience when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. OK, we weren't quite that bad, but it was close.

Friday night, a bunch of the actors hosted a karaoke party. I almost wasn't even going to go, 'cause seriously? Karaoke? But it turned out to be an absolute blast, mostly because the actors were having such a good time.

For me, the most amazing thing about the event was the actors: they were all smart and funny, and they genuinely seemed to be enjoying themselves. To a one, they were all gracious with their fans -- none of them was just going through the motions. I got my picture taken with Steven Williams, who played Mr. X on "The X-Files"! He was a real sweetheart to this fangirl.

I've had some interest in Willow from an eventing barn in Texas. A student there may be taking her for a trial lease--I'm waiting to hear. I hope it works out. I'd like for her to have her own person again.

1 comment:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Mr X is awesome! Glad to hear there's interest in Willow.