Monday, May 15, 2017

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! and a little baby passage

Clair and I had a BLAST during Suzanne's lessons. I learned how to ride with the whip pointing straight up, making it easier to give a pop on either side, especially when Clair is blowing me off. I gave her a good pop to wake her up, and then after that all I had to do was wave the whip in her sight line and she would give me lots of forward.

We also worked on Clair's very first flying changes. She was SO good. She didn't get excited or on the muscle. We didn't get a clean change in either direction, but both ways we did get a couple late-behind changes. I was thrilled with these first attempts. Such a good mare. Also, she gave me a teeny bit of baby passage when we stopped to switch directions. Fun!













No comments: