Monday, July 21, 2014

Starting to try out some possible competition horses

I'm in no big hurry, but I do eventually want to lease out Dakota and find myself a horse to take up the levels. I'm finally in a financial position where I can afford to do this -- both buy the right horse and then have enough disposable income to compete.

This weekend I tried out a lovely Andalusian mare in Kansas. We got along quite well. I do love trying out different horses. I will cut myself some slack since it was my first time on her, but my self criticisms are: I'm riding her too much behind the vertical, with not enough connection, and she could be more forward. But she looks happy in the video, and she has foam, so those are pluses.

This weekend we travel back to UWMC in Seattle for my one-year post-kidney-donation followup. I feel great and have had no problems.

No comments: