Saturday, July 8, 2017

One of those rides

Step right up and see: obnoxious behavior! a big spook! cow-kicking in canter! It was just one of those rides where we never really connected. I am most concerned about the cow-kicking, which has been happening off and on for a few rides now, always in right lead. The flying change right to left still isn't really happening for us, so I wonder if she's anticipating attempting the change and getting irritated? I've tried both putting my outside leg on more strongly and also backing it off almost entirely. I don't really notice a difference either way. I'm seeking wisdom from Suzanne.




2 comments:

Dom said...

Even with the cow kicking and spooking, your posture is so lovely. I especially admire your elbows. So soft and fluid! Hope you get to the bottom of the bad behavior.

halfpassgirl said...

Thank you for the compliment! I've been working my butt off on my position for the past year!