Thursday, July 31, 2008

Off to Nebraska

Saturday I'm off to Nebraska to visit family and friends for five days. Willow gets to be a lady of leisure for a bit. I rode every night this week, so I'm feeling proud of myself.

Recent accomplishments:

  • True canter across the diagonal to counter-canter around the end of the arena back to true canter across the diagonal. For the longest time Willow would get claustrophobic on the short side and drop to trot. I finally convinced her she can do it and now she bops around the end no problem.
  • Really letting my weight drop into my heels in sitting trot, leading to that cool "sticky" feeling in my seat where it not only follows Willow's back but actually asks her to bring it up. Excellent shoulder-ins and mediums ensue.
  • Walk to canter, almost. But we're down to one or two trot steps.
  • Fun, fun, fun collected canter, although she can only maintain it for about eight strides.

I love this sport.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you!

Dressage Mom said...

I love making progress! Especially when you can feel things improving week by week. Fun times!

Jen Travers said...

Yes, it's those few awesome moments that keeps us coming back to dressage--and the jumpers/eventers say we're boring!!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite like "GETTING IT" is there!?! Great accomplishments.. you have every right to be proud. :)