Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lesson #4

Things to remember:

1. I need to keep more weight in my left stirrup. In both directions, I'm a little shifted to the right.

2. I must establish the outside rein more solidly in walk and trot. When the outside rein is really there, Willow stops her little freak-outs.

3. It's time to shorten the reins in canter to the same length I have them in trot/walk. The canter will likely fall apart for a few weeks, but I'll keep the faith. The trot fell apart and came back together; canter will do the same.

Marko update:

The old guy is doing super! I panicked momentarily when I woke up at 1:00 that first night and he was still stoned. I thought, oh my god, they gave my dog brain damage. But the next morning he was bright eyed and bushy tailed.

2 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I've got the same problem but to the left!

Glad your puppy is recovered!

The Equus Ink said...

The Equus Ink blog has moved! I'd love to have you join us at our new location!

The blog offers some new features, such as a discussion board, open to the public and it does not require you to set up an account.

Please update your link/bookmark to the following; http://www.inkeq.com
(Must have the www in the address)

Thank You!!
- Keri