Saturday, April 19, 2008

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor hail, nor snow

Man, are we having some crappy weather in the Willamette Valley this spring. Today's high was 45, and it's been alternating between rain, sleet, hail, and snow. I consider the fact that I dragged myself out to the barn to ride borderline heroic. Kudos to Willow for not freaking out when it started hailing on the metal roof of the arena.

I cut the tags off the saddle today. I really like it, and so does Willow. How lucky are we to have found the right saddle on the very first try? In other news, I'm finally back to bridling Willow on the near side. And it only took eleven months! It's so nice that she's no longer a special needs child.

Stuff to start working on in earnest: counter canter, canter lengthening, walk-canter-walk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, to hail with that noise. I suppose it doesn't help if I'm jealous of your interesting weather. Here's wishing you some of our warm sunshine and congrats on the saddle experience!

20 meter circle of life said...

Oh my, I rode yesterday as well and had exactly the same experience. We are officially Barn Ninja's. Do you think it will be nice for summer show season???

halfpassgirl said...

I woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground, so I'm starting to despair that warm weather will ever arrive.

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying spectacular weather here in Michigan at the moment (for once!). Enjoyed your blog, added it to my favorites list, hope you don't mind!