Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Piaffe on schoolmaster Aron

I've posted about Aron before. He's the schoolmaster I got to lease for 18 months a couple years ago. He can do everything but ones (and the stars have to be in alignment to get twos). His piaffe and passage are excellent and easy.

The first time I ever rode Aron was in a clinic with Wolfgang. It was the first time I'd ever been on an FEI horse. During that first ride, Wolfgang guided me through everything Aron could do, including fours. I was thrilled! I clearly remember my first experience of piaffe. A thought flitted through my mind: "This would be about a four on the Richter scale."

Here's me and Aron working on piaffe. Good boy, Aron!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. Here in northern MN, the best horse I've been able to ride is a retired (almost) PSG gelding, and a solid 3rd level mare. I had a warmblood gelding that was supposed to be my upper level horse, but had to be put down with EPM. I have given up the 20 M circle rat race for now, and have Percherons that I trail ride and drive and love. Although, we just bought a really really nice 4 yr old Percheron mare that I think might have a dressage-y future. We'll see. Nice blog. You and Willow look very nice together!